Wednesday 21 May 2014

Disappointment of the month: Lipcote Lipstick Sealer

I've been a fan of lipstick for a long time, especially adventurous shades but when it comes to having lippy with that staying power, I often wind up disappointed. 

The closest thing I've come to a long lasting lip colour would be Revlon's range of Just Bitten Kissable and Colorburst matte balm. The stains are long lasting, but do have a slight fade factor that tend to look undesirable. 




In my quest to find a solution, I stumbled upon Lipcote, a lipstick sealer that is applied and claims to be the secret to 'kiss proof lipstick that lasts'. 

How to apply

Applying my lipstick, instructions told me to blot after a coat and repeat several times before evenly brushing Lipcote on and slightly beyond my lipstick. After holding your mouth open until drying, reap the results! or not..




I'm an expressive person, so moving my mouth in any way made it feel as if my lipstick was cracking, almost like the effect of a dry face mask. After being half way through a date I stared into the reflection of my phone to see that my lipstick was indeed peeling off- not attractive. 

Let me tell you ladies, Lipcote is not the answer to long lasting lips, and if you know what is, TELL ME! 

Have you tried out Lipcote? what did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment